That old piano.
It`s big and clunky and a nuisance. It just sits in the corner and collects dust. I hate moving it around and nobody plays it anymore. I inherited it from my grandparents, nobody in my family wants it and I need the space for my new sectional leather couch. Here it comes Kijiji, for free, if you haul it away.
Don`t do it.
How about taking a look at that incredibly beautiful piano with a fresh set of eyes:
- Not willing to pay for or can`t afford lessons? There are many publications/on-line tutorials for you to teach yourself. A huge accomplishment and very satisfying!
- Boost your brain power. Lessons can improve your IQ.
- Playing is a stress reliever.
- A grand piece of furniture with a shelf for your treasures. It adds character to your home.
- Provides extra seating when needed. The piano bench can usually seat two.
- If you're not afraid, refinish it. Stain it a different color or paint it to match your decor. You were going to get rid of it anyway...for free.
- Very vintage. Home decor is so cookie cutter and trendy nowadays. Pianos will come roaring back in style, therefore..